cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Would you consider AMP endpoint protection negates the need to remove Administrator access

ccwdeakineduau
Level 1
Level 1

We are rolling out AMP for endpoints, and a lively internal discussion is whether we shoudl rely on AMP's malware protection so that we can provide our end-users with Administrator access. I'd be interested in people's thoughts.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I wouldn't do it. A good security strategy uses defense in depth and multiple layers of protection.

If the end user has Administrator access then they also have the ability to stop the AMP for Endpoints service.

Also, not giving Administrator access to end users helps control what apps of all kind get installed - not just malware.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I wouldn't do it. A good security strategy uses defense in depth and multiple layers of protection.

If the end user has Administrator access then they also have the ability to stop the AMP for Endpoints service.

Also, not giving Administrator access to end users helps control what apps of all kind get installed - not just malware.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: