Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI Multipod Extended Community

TFashy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am setting ACI Multipod across three pods and I need a doc (or link) that explains the extended community strings. All the searching I have done like others states the string as extended:as2-nn4:5:16, but I have used extended:as2-nn4:11:11 (with GOLF in mind), but still not clear tnhe make up.

Thanks,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

nvermand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi,
The community value in Multipod configuration (extended:as2:nn4:xx:yy, extended:as2-nn4:5:16 being the default) is used for inter-pod route exchange and have no implication with Golf. You could however configure any value you want (same in Pods) as the purpose is just to allow route import/export between spine nodes in separate Pods.
For GOLF it does not really matter, as you will have to configure route-target values on a per VRF level explicitly or using auto-RT configuration.

Nicolas

View solution in original post

Hi Nickolas,

This is the clearest explanation so far, it makes a lot of sense and it should be published out there on the Internet as I found nothing this clear.

many thanks,

Tfash

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

nvermand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi,
The community value in Multipod configuration (extended:as2:nn4:xx:yy, extended:as2-nn4:5:16 being the default) is used for inter-pod route exchange and have no implication with Golf. You could however configure any value you want (same in Pods) as the purpose is just to allow route import/export between spine nodes in separate Pods.
For GOLF it does not really matter, as you will have to configure route-target values on a per VRF level explicitly or using auto-RT configuration.

Nicolas

Hi Nickolas,

This is the clearest explanation so far, it makes a lot of sense and it should be published out there on the Internet as I found nothing this clear.

many thanks,

Tfash

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License