Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI Multipod Extended Community

TFashy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am setting ACI Multipod across three pods and I need a doc (or link) that explains the extended community strings. All the searching I have done like others states the string as extended:as2-nn4:5:16, but I have used extended:as2-nn4:11:11 (with GOLF in mind), but still not clear tnhe make up.

Thanks,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

nvermand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi,
The community value in Multipod configuration (extended:as2:nn4:xx:yy, extended:as2-nn4:5:16 being the default) is used for inter-pod route exchange and have no implication with Golf. You could however configure any value you want (same in Pods) as the purpose is just to allow route import/export between spine nodes in separate Pods.
For GOLF it does not really matter, as you will have to configure route-target values on a per VRF level explicitly or using auto-RT configuration.

Nicolas

View solution in original post

Hi Nickolas,

This is the clearest explanation so far, it makes a lot of sense and it should be published out there on the Internet as I found nothing this clear.

many thanks,

Tfash

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

nvermand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi,
The community value in Multipod configuration (extended:as2:nn4:xx:yy, extended:as2-nn4:5:16 being the default) is used for inter-pod route exchange and have no implication with Golf. You could however configure any value you want (same in Pods) as the purpose is just to allow route import/export between spine nodes in separate Pods.
For GOLF it does not really matter, as you will have to configure route-target values on a per VRF level explicitly or using auto-RT configuration.

Nicolas

Hi Nickolas,

This is the clearest explanation so far, it makes a lot of sense and it should be published out there on the Internet as I found nothing this clear.

many thanks,

Tfash

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License