Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

bogus ifindex# on 2800, 3800 & 2900 routers what are types, reasons, and solutions?

i'm facing issues regarding netflow collection from 2800, 3800 & 2900 routers, as in conjunction with snmp polling, they reports huge number of bogus ifindex#.

i need to know all types and reasons for and how to resolve them?

• Application Centric Infrastructure
3 REPLIES
Bronze

you can get the ifmib using

you can get the ifmib using the command show snmp mib ifmib ifindex detail check if you get the same using a snmpget. Could be a strange bug :)

To keep the same index after a reboot don't forget use snmp-server ifindex persist

so you recommend restarting

so you recommend restarting routers showing such issue. or there are another solutions?

Bronze

i didn't say to restart

i didn't say to restart anything..... but if you don't use the persistent command and if th router reloads the NMS (Network Management System) will complain because of that....

Like a said get show snmp mib ifmib ifindex detail check if you get the same using a snmpget. Could be a strange bug :) or ignore it from your NMS.

thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.