cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

interface of controller

Mary
Level 1
Level 1

in my leaf switch, i try to show interface description, but all are empty, how would i know which are the layer 3 interface port? also how would i identify from cli, which port of leaf is connected to apic controller?

2 Replies 2

micgarc2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

If you want to look at interface description on the APIC CLI (or on the leaf to check port descriptions on a specific leaf you can use :

moquery -c infraHPortS | egrep "descr|rn"

To identify which port on the leaf is connected APIC you can go to the APIC or specific leaf and use :

moquery -c lldpCtrlrAdjEp

This will show you the local interface on the leaf is using to connect to the APIC. The "id" in the output would match to the APIC ID. So for instance id 3 would be APIC3.

Or you can just use "show lldp neighbors" on the leaf.

Regards,

Michael G.

moquery -c lldpCtrlrAdjEp shows: no mos found, why?

I try to find APIC controller mac address in GUI/system, but only ip address is available, so we can't find controller's mac?

moquery -c infraHPortS only display 3 objects and didn't list the port number, i have over 30 ports in my leaf switch, why only three objects? i want description of all the leaf switch port, as i mentioned before, showint desc return nothing

show lldp neighbor list the spine switch name and three mac address, very strange

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License