Views
Helpful
Replies

L4-L7 ASAv unmanaged service-graph vs no inL4-L7 integration

bruno.fernandes
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I'm testing L4-L7 service insertion, So if I choose let's say ASAv integration in an Unmanaged fashion ...what's the difference if I choose to deploy the ASAv on my Hypervisor with no integration, (OK I would have to manually bind the port-group to the ASAv VM interfaces) .... What's the advantage of using the unmanaged deployment vs no L4-7 integration at all

Thanks,

Bruno Fernandes

1 Reply 1

lpember
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bruno,

The Unmanaged deployment allows you to integrate in L4-L7 device as a logical device within ACI. Even though you may not be managing the configuration of that device via the APIC, you are still able to create an object that logically represents that device and apply policy to it. This gives you the advantage of a configuration that makes more sense to the user vs. "vlan X going out eth1/2 and VLAN Y going out eth1/3". The contracts and VLAN programming are handled by the APIC based on the user's logical end goal instead of by the user directly/manually.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License