cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why did not switch discovery with the APIC ?

siyeon604
Level 1
Level 1

First-Time Access, APIC can discovery the switch(N9K).

After initiate APIC, The APIC can not discovery the switch(N9K)

- This command entered for init APIC : eraseconfig setup

Why did not switch discovery with the APIC?

2 Replies 2

dpita
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, and thank you for using Cisco Support Forums. From what i understood, the first time you set up ACI the APIC discovered the switches. Then the APIC was erased and the APIC cannot discover the switches. This is because the switches still have a configuration on them from the first time they were registered to the APIC and ACI Fabric.

On the switches, the appropriate command to erase the configuration is setup-clean-config.sh <image.bin>. It is suggested you first look at boot flash and copy the ACI image name to then insert as an argument into that command. Also, I suggest you setup boot variables first with the setup-bootvars.sh <image.bin> command. In summary:

• setup bootvariables with: setup-bootvars.sh <aci-n9000.bin>
  • erase config with: setup-clean-config.sh <aci-n9000.bin>

When the switches reload they should return to the (none)# prompt, at which point the APIC should discover its directly connected leaf and the discovery and registration process can proceed from there. I hope this helps, have a nice day

Thanks for your support.

I will try to your sugestion on next morning, because I did not connect my nexus9K(leaf) now.

Have a nice nay.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License