Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

11506 - "Passive sync already in progress..."

I have an 11506 (7.40.103)with dual SCMs that will not passive sync the image or the config:

CSS11506# save_config

CSS11506(config-boot)# passive sync

Passive sync already in progress... Skipping image.

Passive sync already in progress... Skipping config.

Synchronizing time.......Done.

It's been stuck in this "in progress" mode for weeks. Entering individual commands to sync the startup-config or the image results in the same "Passive sync already in progress..." message.

My other 11506 syncs just fine every time.

Other than re-booting the CSS to see if the problem goes away, is there anything that can be done to kick it out of this "in-progress" mode?

Is there any way to verify whether or not the SCMs are in fact syncronized?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 11506 - "Passive sync already in progress..."

Sounds like a bug but have not seen anything like this before.

Unfortunately I think the problem is that one of the process you started to sync the SCM hung and can't complete. Maybe waiting for a semaphore.

Or the process died before clearing the syncInProgress variable.

Anyway, could you force a core of the SCM and upload the file to our ftp server at incoming.cisco.com/incoming/

Let me know what filename you used so I can get it back.

You should also probably open a case with the TAC so we can better track down this issue.

Gilles.

Gilles,

I opened TAC case #603550615, and uploaded a showtech to the TAC case. I don't have a core dump at this time, but I intend to force one in an upcoming maintenance window (this CSS is in production).

Cisco Employee

good - I'm in touch with the TAC engineer to solve this issue.

Gilles.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content