Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

3750 Switch Stack - Remove member from stack

Hello,

I'm new to using the 3750 switches and am trying to understand all of the necessary steps to completely remove a member from the stack. The current stack only consists of two switches and I need to remove one (which happens to be the slave)... leaving the other to run solo permanently.

From what I understand, the steps would go like this...

1.) Remove power from switch to be removed

2.) Issue command "no switch 2 provision ws-c3750-48p"

3.) Issue command "copy run start"

Done.

I would expect this to enable me to remove the switch and also removes all reference to the removed switch from the config.

Did I miss anything here?

Thanks!

-Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

Re: 3750 Switch Stack - Remove member from stack

You may do a "no switch provision" under the stacks global config to 'remove' the configuration from the stack. Where ofcourse is the switch number that you have just removed.Refer URL

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3750/12225see/scg/swstack.htm#wp1178943

2 REPLIES
Silver

You may do a "no switch provision" under the stacks global config to 'remove' the configuration from the stack. Where ofcourse is the switch number that you have just removed.Refer URL

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3750/12225see/scg/swstack.htm#wp1178943

Phillip,

Thanks for the reply.

I've seen the link you provided before... I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything... seemed a little to simple, but I guess that's all there is!

Regards,

-Adam

Views
Helpful
Replies