steve

7 Replies 7

Jorge Bejarano
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Steve,

What version you got?

Do you get any error?

How did you log in to the ACE? Did you use an alternate user to access an alternate context?

Did you get into the Admin context and then you change to another context and now you cannot go back to the Admin context?

Jorge

Hi Jorge

Version is c4710

No error just - % invalid command

I logged on with an admin user to the testing context i had set uop.

No - i previously had a vlan on the other context - someone else has

taken it off - now i thought i could easily go from the test context

back to admin but cant

Steve

So you logged on the your testing context initially and then you try to access the Admin context with changeTo correct?

Yup - thats correct - can you actually do that ?

No, you cannot.

You can do this test. Log on the Admin context, then do #changeTo , once you are on the testing context, please do #changeTo Admin and you should be able to go back.

Jorge

Hi Jorge

Oh dear - now we have 2 vlans coming into the ace -  call them 151 and 152

Now i need to get to the admin context but i have both the vlans in the context i have created.

Now - i all i am doing is routing statically to the new context but i am sure i was told

that you cant route between contexts if u have the same vlan in them

ie if for instance i have 151.254 in the test context then can i put 151.1 in the admin context and will

it still work ?

Steve

Hi,

Yes, I am sure you have defined the specific vlans on the Admin contexts and then allocated them to the contexts in question and that´s fine since it is required however if you logged on an alternate context you should be able to changeTo the Admin context, since you initially did not log on there.

Jorge

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: