Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE 4700 config backup

Hi,

We have Spectrum monitoring tool for monitoring the Cisco devices. I configured the ACE appliance and receiving traps, but I am not able to view the configuration of the appliance, I can view the configuration for other Cisco switches. Do I need to add any MIB for automated configuration backup of ACE appliance ?

3 Replies 3

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately I do not know the Spectrum tool.

I checked the CA Spectrum website but I could not find the documentation for this device.

I do not know how Spectrum collects its data from the network devices.

Is it telnet/ssh/ ...something else ?

Try maybe to get a sniffer trace to see what is happening.

Maybe Sprectrum detects this is not a known device and simply do not attempt getting the configuration.

check with Spectrum.

Gilles.

Hi,

Thank you for your quick response. Spectrum collects the data through telnet. I am receiving traps from the appliance but not the configuration backup. I am afraid if ACE appliance is not supporting copy_config MIB as I gone through the MIB for ACE and not found the one. Can you please let me know if my finding is correct.

Thanks & Regards

Muralikrishnan P

Fujitsu-IVORY IMS-NOC-RIM Operations – Thomson Reuters || TEK-Towers || Chennai || India

Telephone: +91-44-66135488 Mobile: +91-9940194708

Messaging: Muralikrishnan_Perumal@mahindrasatyam.net

Yes, I don't think we support any copy_config MIB or the like.

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: