Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

ACE 4710 and HA on stackable 3750

I am running 4.2.1a and my topology is one subnet only so using one-arm thereby management svi, VIP, ft interface, and host server are all on same subnet.

With above scenario, is the ACE 4710 HA support on 3750 stack?

here's my confusion:

On 3750, I use port channel 10. Likwise channel 10 is config on both ACE and HA WILL NOT WORK

On 3750, I then use port channel 10 and 11. Thereby, channel 10 is on primary ACE and channel 11 on standby ACE and it works but with following observation:

-  standby ACE is configured channel 11 and it syncs up but replace 11 with channel 10 then shutdown 10 and all interface has "channel-mode 11" removed. I have to put "channel-mode 10" on each interface instead of 11 and then unshut the "inter port-channel 10" - then add "ft-port vlan xxx" to get it to work

- standby ACE has "switch/admin" default hostname but I expect after sync that it would have the hostname I defined "ACE-COLO/Admin" instead

Looking for other discrepency as this is my lab environment before I implement into production as to decrease downtime. Thanks

3 REPLIES

The problems with the port channel is understandable. Your stack is acting as 1 switch. So if you use the port channel 10 for both ACE, the port channel will not work because the switch will see 2 different devices there.It will work if you use 2 seperate switches. HA on 1 switch is not the best way at all i think :-)

Bronze

yes a lot of design guides still use the redundant model but some are moving to a collapse (ie stackables, Nexus VPC or C6k VSS). The ACE design follows the redundant model while I use the stack. Some design use the ACE module instead of appliance in the same chassis (c6k) so don't see too much difference from a stackable design from this perspective.

So wondering who else is going through same issue and learning pains...

Thx

Silver

I think there is a misunderstanding around etherchannel and the way the ACE4710 configs are synchronized.

With config sync, on ACE 4710, there will be 2 different port-channels, but from the view of ACE, they will be "Po10" on both devices.

On the 3750 stack, you'll have to create 2 different Portchannels, 1 for each ACE.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content