Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ACE 4710 InService Standby Problem - Graceful?

I'm using software A3(2.2) with a 4710 and I'm load-balancing IPSec across 5 different VPN Routers.  This has been working for me for over a year...

I'm trying to take one of the five real servers (no. 3) out-of-service gracefully so that I can do some maintenance.  I used the "inservice standby" setting using the GUI (in Config/Operations) but the ACE kept sending IPSec connections to that server anyway.  Then I manually cleared the sticky database from the CLI.  And the ACE is STILL sending IPSec connections to that server anyway.

What's got me stumped is that when I look at the newly re-created sticky database, I see no new entries for server no.3.  When I look at the number of active connections according to the ACE (using Monitor in the GUI) and at the CLI, they are steadily declining and never increasing.  But when I connect to the no. 3 VPN Router, its' IPSec connections are continuously increasing because the ACE is sending it connections.  I checked the status of the rserver at the ACE and it's "inservice standby" both at the GUI and CLI.

What am I missing? 

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content