cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE 4710 :Is there any roadmap for support of client cert into http header?

alexc2010
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a question concerning about ssl client authentication. Starting in what version it is possible to insert client cert into http header?

thanks in advance.

REgards

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Alex,

Currently in the ACE 4710 you cannot do this.  On the ACE module, you can insert information from the client certificate into the HTTP header, but not the certificate itself.  You can see what is supported on the module here.

In the next major release of software for the ACE 4710, which I think is due out in October/November timeframe, you will have the same functionality on both the module and the 4710.  Also, do believe the feature to insert the certificate itself (as we do on the SSLM) is on the roadmap.  That feature may even show up in the October release.

Hope this helps,

Sean

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

alexc2010
Level 1
Level 1

Sean,

Could you please let me know if you have any idea on this.

I have already check the latest Release Note for the Cisco 4700 Series Application Control Engine Appliance (Software Version A3(x.x)) but didnt found this.

Anyhelp would be appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Alex

Hi Alex,

Currently in the ACE 4710 you cannot do this.  On the ACE module, you can insert information from the client certificate into the HTTP header, but not the certificate itself.  You can see what is supported on the module here.

In the next major release of software for the ACE 4710, which I think is due out in October/November timeframe, you will have the same functionality on both the module and the 4710.  Also, do believe the feature to insert the certificate itself (as we do on the SSLM) is on the roadmap.  That feature may even show up in the October release.

Hope this helps,

Sean

Thanks a ton Sean. You have been most helpful to us. Appreciate it.

Hi Sean,

Is this feature available now? as this was supposed to be released in this month ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: