cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE and switch move

Mike McWethy
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of moving my ACE device from one switch to another. It is currently configured with a 3-port etherchannel and I have one more port configured for management. This past weekend, I moved the four connections to the new switch. However, once I did this, the servers that are being load balanced on the ACE were no longer accessible. The status according to the GUI was ARP FAILED. When I logged into the CLI and did a "sh arp" it showed all the MAC addresses as 00.00....I set a static ARP entry to bypass the normal default learning time of 4 hours and it still didn't work. However, the management interface was no issue. I could access that immediately through the new switch. What am I missing here?

2 Replies 2

sesoerensen
Level 1
Level 1

Mike,

ether-channel misconfiguration?

Would you mind including come configuration snippets from the admin context, and your etherchannel/vpc config ?

Cheers mate,

Søren Elleby Sørensen

Nevermind, I think I was able to track down the problem. It was a simple typo that I missed in my initial troubleshooting. I will post configs if this doesn't fix it Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: