Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE as ssl client

rdrabandt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

has anyone been able to successfully configure the ACE board to initiate and terminate ssl connections as ssl client. We tried a lot, but no luck... Is there a working configuration example out there, because the documentation does not tell anything useful? Would be great to get some hints on this issue.

And what IP is the ACE using, when initiating the ssl connection to the outside? As we can not configure NAT through a VIP address, how can the ACE board recognize the right IP association?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Rene

4 Replies 4

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

For information regarding the ssl configuration kindly refer the url below,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_guide_book09186a00806880cd.html

Hi,

thank you, i red this doc already. I tried several different ways of configuring all this. But no luck in any way. Is the vserver address the one of the external server? And do i need to configure the external server as serverfarm? All this is not very clear from my point of view. Do you have a working example?

regards,

rene

rdrabandt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

basically, ssl initiation works, but its not possible to use an ssl client certificate. Thats what i was trying and what did not work. Are client certificates not supported?

regards,

rene

I dont think client certificates are supported yet.

I heard that they will be supported in ACE 2.0 which is due in next few months.

Someone from Cisco can confirm that.

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: