Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE - Concurrent connection limit

David Coupez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm currently testing ACE acceleration module and be confronted to a limited number of concurrent connection by user. When a test is initiated with virtual users from a single computer (and thus a single IP source), the connections are rejected when 50 simultaneous connection threshold is hit.

I have a default ressource profile associated with the virtual context. I guess it's some kind of DoS protection mechanism. Is there a way to suppress or extend the threshold?

The error I receive is  %ACE-LB_GENERAL-2-728033: Failed to establish Web Application Acceleration connection: Maximum concurrent connectionslimit (50) reache

Thanks for your help

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David,

It is 50 concurrent connection on the ACE 4710 as a whole.  You can remove the optimization policy from the VIP and just do Load Balancing in which you will be allow the full 1,000,000 connections.  Otherwise you will need to purchase the Optimization License.

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

kitanaka
Level 1
Level 1

Hello David,

This sounds license issue. Have you installed ACE-AP-OPT-LIC-K9 into your box ?

This doc says "By default, the ACE performs up to 50 concurrent  connections".

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/ace_appliances/vA3_x/release/note/RACEA3X.html#wp438227

Regards,

Kimihito.

cpomeroy
Level 1
Level 1

David,

The 4710 max concurrent connections is 1,000,000.  With the base licensce installed, you are only allowed 50 concurrent optimzed connections (Delta/Flash Forward).  You can upgrade the optimization limits with the following license: ACE-AP-OPT-LIC-K9.  This will allow you to use the optimization engine to its full capacity which is about 1,000 concurrent connections. 

Chris

Christopher, Kimihito,

Thanks for you quick replies. And they mean by concurrent, 50 simultaneous connections on the whole LB, on a virtual server or coming from one IP client?

David

David,

It is 50 concurrent connection on the ACE 4710 as a whole.  You can remove the optimization policy from the VIP and just do Load Balancing in which you will be allow the full 1,000,000 connections.  Otherwise you will need to purchase the Optimization License.

Chris

Wow this is quite a limitation!

Ok thank you for your help.

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: