Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE - Cooke Insert

tech_trac
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to know that with Cookie based session persistence, does the cookie hash value remain the same throughout the lifetime of server farm. Because, I believe the hash value is calculated out of serverfarm + rserver + port which is not expected to change.

Please suggest whether the cookie value ever changes for a specific serverfarm.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cookie value will be unique for each rserver in Serverfarm.

The ACE creates a unique static entry (based off of a hash of the port, rserver name, and serverfarm name)in sticky database for every rserver in the serverfarm. This value will never change for a "specific real server" in a server farm.

Another recent change in the ACE code let you define a string for each rserver (instead of using hash value). For more info read my post at

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB?cmd=pass_through&location=outline@^1@.2cd30281/3#selected_message

Thanks

Syed

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Cookie value will be unique for each rserver in Serverfarm.

The ACE creates a unique static entry (based off of a hash of the port, rserver name, and serverfarm name)in sticky database for every rserver in the serverfarm. This value will never change for a "specific real server" in a server farm.

Another recent change in the ACE code let you define a string for each rserver (instead of using hash value). For more info read my post at

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB?cmd=pass_through&location=outline@^1@.2cd30281/3#selected_message

Thanks

Syed

xoomenu
Level 1
Level 1

this is really helpful for me. i am also working on a cooking site and want to explore meet grinders session on my site. thanks for sharing this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: