Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE crash due to NP 1 Failed : NP ME Hung

alexc2010
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

My ACE module has been rebooted with unknown reason and this is what I see the reason for the same.

Software

system:    Version A2(2.3) [build 3.0(0)A2(2.3)]

system image file: [LCP] disk0:c6ace-t1k9-mz.A2_2_3.bin

installed license: no feature license is installed

last boot reason:  NP 1 Failed : NP ME Hung

configuration register:  0x1

IXP CAUSE = NP ME Hung 

does anyone tell me is this an hardware issue or software?

Thanks in advance. Any help would be highly appriciated.

REgards

Alex.

3 Replies 3

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need to do a 'dir core:' and extract all the files you see there.

You then need to send them to the TAC for analysis...they are meaningless without the appropriate decoder.

Gilles.

davidgfriedman
Level 1
Level 1

In case this helps anyone in the future. I had this error message today.  I am running Version 12.2[125 [build 3.0(0)A4(2.2)]. 

I appear to have caused it by inadvertantly reintroducing "alias" and "peer" statements into my context THEN shortly thereafter trying to delete the context (in order to recreate via a context restore to test a modified version of another server's configuration).  The "no context ABC" caused the hang when it could not talk to this context's failover: nothing was configured on the other end! So the command line hung for 1-2 minutes before it spontaneously rebooted, resulting in the same message you listed.

Regards,

David

Jorge Bejarano
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Here you have a link how you can take a look of the recent core dumps files and how you can get them out of the box for further analysis.

Please get a # show tech-support as well.

It is important to collect this data to determine the root cause of  the crash, have you had this issue before?

Jorge

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: