Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE crash due to NP 1 Failed : NP ME Hung

alexc2010
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

My ACE module has been rebooted with unknown reason and this is what I see the reason for the same.

Software

system:    Version A2(2.3) [build 3.0(0)A2(2.3)]

system image file: [LCP] disk0:c6ace-t1k9-mz.A2_2_3.bin

installed license: no feature license is installed

last boot reason:  NP 1 Failed : NP ME Hung

configuration register:  0x1

IXP CAUSE = NP ME Hung 

does anyone tell me is this an hardware issue or software?

Thanks in advance. Any help would be highly appriciated.

REgards

Alex.

3 Replies 3

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will need to do a 'dir core:' and extract all the files you see there.

You then need to send them to the TAC for analysis...they are meaningless without the appropriate decoder.

Gilles.

davidgfriedman
Level 1
Level 1

In case this helps anyone in the future. I had this error message today.  I am running Version 12.2[125 [build 3.0(0)A4(2.2)]. 

I appear to have caused it by inadvertantly reintroducing "alias" and "peer" statements into my context THEN shortly thereafter trying to delete the context (in order to recreate via a context restore to test a modified version of another server's configuration).  The "no context ABC" caused the hang when it could not talk to this context's failover: nothing was configured on the other end! So the command line hung for 1-2 minutes before it spontaneously rebooted, resulting in the same message you listed.

Regards,

David

Jorge Bejarano
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Here you have a link how you can take a look of the recent core dumps files and how you can get them out of the box for further analysis.

Please get a # show tech-support as well.

It is important to collect this data to determine the root cause of  the crash, have you had this issue before?

Jorge