Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE feature

helsayed78
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I have a question and would like your help on it.

If I have a server farm with two real servers in it and I want to take out one server out for maintenance or whatever , is that possible to do so without disconnecting the existing sessions connected to that server?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You can shut down a real server gracefully by using the no inservice command in either real server host or real server redirect  configuration mode. This command causes the ACE to tear down all non-TCP  connections to the server. For TCP connections, existing flows are  allowed to complete before the ACE takes the real server out of service.  No new connections are allowed.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/services_modules/ace/v3.00_A1/configuration/slb/guide/rsfarms.html#wp999866

-

Siva

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

helsayed78
Level 1
Level 1

In other words is the drain mode feature used in Microsoft NLB is on Cisco ACE?

Hi,

You can shut down a real server gracefully by using the no inservice command in either real server host or real server redirect  configuration mode. This command causes the ACE to tear down all non-TCP  connections to the server. For TCP connections, existing flows are  allowed to complete before the ACE takes the real server out of service.  No new connections are allowed.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/services_modules/ace/v3.00_A1/configuration/slb/guide/rsfarms.html#wp999866

-

Siva

Thanks alot.

Hi Siva,

I have a question please....... I have tested the "inservice standby " command since I am using sticky , but I still see connections hitting this server !!!! which shouldn't be the case right ??

With sticky it works in a different way, you would have to manually clear the session existing on that one rserver..

Does that mean the users connected will be affected??