Helpful
Replies

ACE IOS upgrade

Bruce Summers
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question concerning boot variable:

i'm about to upgrade my ACE module to 'c6ace-t1k9-mz.A2_1_4a.bin'

As I'm stepping through the upgrade guide, it references setting the boot variable to the new image and appending the old version. Makes sense.

What doesnt make sense is on my ACE, the boot variable shows the location of Disk0:<IOS_Version;IOS_Version> (indicating 2 versions, still makes sense). HOWEVER, disk0: doesnt contain these IOS images...the Images are actually in the dir images.

this is what doesnt make sense because when i reload the ACE, it boots to the IOS in the images dir, NOT disk0:

am I missing something here?

Bruce

2 Replies 2

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

A file in an Advanced Technology Attachment (ATA) file system may become corrupted by any command that extends the file such as the show interfaces ethernet | append disk0:file command. When this situation occurs, the output of the dir command or of the show command will not list the file. This problem is resolved in Release 12.2(18)SXF. (CSCeh91772)

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is how it is done.

See the example from my ACE.

switch/Admin# sho run | i boot

Generating configuration....

boot system image:c6ace-t1k9-mz.A2_2_0.bin

boot system image:c6ace-t1k9-mz.A2_1_2.bin

switch/Admin#

Ace will boot the first image that it can find.

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: