Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE License downgrade

vaba
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I had an issue with two ACE modules, working in active/standby mode. The active module was replaced after RMA and now I have active module with license ACE30-MOD-16-K9 and standby is with ACE30-MOD-08-K9. I have received the new ACE30-MOD-08-K9 lic file for the active module and now I need to downgrade active module license to ACE30-MOD-08-K9.

Does someone know what is the process to downgrade License from ACE30-MOD-16-K9 and standby is with ACE30-MOD-08-K9?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

chrhiggi
Level 3
Level 3

Hello-

You should have purchased the same license files for each ace origonally.  When you replace an ACE, you would reinstall the 8GB license from the bad ace onto the replacement.  If the replacement already had a 16gb license on it, then you need to issue "license uninstall " for the 16gb one, then "install license " for the 8gb.

Regards,

Chris Higgins

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your answer.

Do you know can I have two licenses installed on one ACE module? One 16gb and second 8gb. The problem is that we have 10 contexts and if we are first uninstall 16gb we will lost the context information.

Regards

Yes and no. You can't have competing licenses installed. But you can have a base license and an upgrade license installed. Upgrade licenses basically enhance the numbers of whatever license was before it.

As applies to what you are doing, if you have a backup ACE, you can turn off config sync, uninstall the license on the standby, re-install the correct license, then turn sync back on. It will re-copy all the configuration. You will want to backup you SSL certs/keys and script files prior to doing this since they don't sync.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: