Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ACE Loadbalance on same interface

Hi Guys,

I am tryign to deploy a solution where by i have 5 servers sat behind the ACE in a routed fashion. There are static nats to these servers for management.

3 of the servers are standard web farm.

Now these 3 servers need to speak to a VIP setup on the ACE to loadblance the traffic between the remaining 2 servers for CMS. Is this possible with them all on the same vlan?? I have tried setting up a VIP server vlan side (no joy) Tried connecting to a vip on the Client side from the servers (no joy).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Config to follow

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: ACE Loadbalance on same interface

you need to configure client nat when doing this. Otherwise the server response will directly go the client_server which will reject it because not coming from the vip.

Gilles.

Hi Giles,

The config is attached, as you can see I have incoming nats for management of the servers, hence I initially pointed the servers to a vip on the 250.x side of the ace, however this doesnot work.

As can be seen I also set up a vip on the 240.x side for the DIIOP service.. but this doesn't function either???

Thanks

Scott

How can i setn up client Nat, when i Am already natting for management purposes??

Scott

Anonymous
N/A

Hello,

You can try this:

-. Create the VIP in the server side.

-. Then Nat all traffic hitting that VIP. You can do that with the command "nat dynamic" inside of the Policy map.

Example:

policy-map multi-match L3L4_LOADB

class CLASS_MAP

loadbalance vip inservice

loadbalance policy L7_LOADB

loadbalance vip icmp-reply active

loadbalance vip advertise active

nat dynamic 1 vlan 118

!

interface vlan 118

bridge-group 118

no icmp-guard