Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE: Lost all IP connectivity

ciscocsoc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I've lost all IP connectivity to/from one ACE blade. Everything has failed-over to the resilient blade so service isn't affected.

Are there any useful diagnostics I can collect before I reset the whole blade?

I can create a session to the blade from the host router.

ACE Software version is 2.1.0a.

Thank you

Cathy

4 Replies 4

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cathy,

if you can keep the blade in that state, call the TAC and have them give you a list of useful commands.

Get a 'show tech' and send it to them as a first step, but don't reload (if you can) until we get a chance to look at the show tech.

Thanks,

Gilles.

Thanks Gilles,

I have opened a case through my reseller's support system - not being able to open a TAC case directly. I've sent the "sh tech details" output. At the moment I have until 0700 tomorrow morning to find a solution/collect diagnostics.

I'm planning to upgrade to 2.1.1a next week if possible.

I've checked the release notes for 2.1.1a and see there are a few situations where the ACE can go "unresponsive". Is losing IP connectivity classed as "unresponsive".

Thank you

Cathy

Yes, use the session command on the 6500 the ACE blade is in to get to the system. If that fails, try a console connection. If the blade was in slot 1 you would do a:

session slot 1 proc 0

I would recommend trying to find out why the blade crashed, rather than just resetting it.

Hi,

I had to reload the blade to get it back in service (management "request").

The support engineer looking through the "sh tech det" found that the problem was a corrupted ARP entry for the Admin context default gateway.

"Context Admin

================================================================================

IP ADDRESS MAC-ADDRESS Interface Type Encap NextArp(s) Status

================================================================================

128.243.54.65 00.00.00.00.00.00 vlan290 GATEWAY - * 2 req dn

128.243.54.66 00.1b.d5.a1.e3.f5 vlan290 INTERFACE LOCAL _ up

128.243.54.73 00.1b.d5.a1.e3.f5 vlan294 INTERFACE LOCAL _ up

Total arp entries 3

The mac address entry against the gateway should reference the SVI mac from vlan290 on the chassis...".

We've no way of working out if this is a chassis problem or an ACE blade problem or even if it will be fixed by upgrading to 2.1.1a.

Thanks

Cathy