Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE MAXCONNS issue

vidnair
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This is with regards to my customer who is facing the following problem with Maxconns – “we are using TCP probes and MaxConn and MinConn are used to determine when a server is busy or not.
If the MaxConn is exceeded then busy server trips in and stops when the number of TCP sessions drop below MinConn.
However, we have a situation where if MaxConn is exceeded counting of TCP connections stops and the connections never come down.”

Customer has A2(1.4a) currently deployed in its network. On perusing the release notes I came across this bug CSCsy30440/CSCsy04371 - ACE: rservers may not accept conns even though they are out of maxconns. I am wondering if this is the issue that they might be facing currently.

Will this issue be resolved for them if I recommend that they move to A2(1.6a) or A2(2.3) release ?

Is there a workaround for this other than configuring a backup serverfarm which my customer already has configured? Would it make a difference if they used HTTP probes instead of TCP probes?

Also is there a way to simulate the connection count behavior using HTTP probes?

Would really appreciate some help with this issue.

Thanks & Regards
Vidhya Nair

2 Replies 2

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Vidhya,

you have to open a tac service request so that we can collect the necessary information with the lbinspect tool.

If you don't want to do any troubleshooting, simply upgrade to the latest version and see if that helps.

Gilles.

luiz.puppin
Level 1
Level 1

Vidhya,

I´m currently using the last version A3(2.4) and I having the same problem. I opened a TAC and the answer was that this problem will be solved at version A3(2.5), probably this month.

Regards,