Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE Module not supporting

syakshanulla
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have migrated CSM to ACE Module recentlym all the applications are working fine. But one of our real server , Hosting team did NIC Teaming (Active-Active) which was working fine but not with ACE Module (Briding Mode).

My assumtion is because of ACE in Bridge mode all the non-loadbalancing traffic has to go through ACE Module, So we couldnt access the server directly. If ACE is in One-armed mode i think it should be fine.

But with bridge mode do we have any option to make it working.

4 Replies 4

Surya ARBY
Level 4
Level 4

there is a restriction regarding NIC teaming in active/active mode.

The ACE uses an hardcoded mac-to-IP mapping with ARP. As with active active nic teaming you'll have 2 different mac addresses, the one which is not present in the ARP cache of the ACE is considered as a security violation.

Hi Surya,

can you explain me little bit more, Why it was worked in CSm and not with ACE. And is this specific to ACE bridge mode?

It's not specific to bridge mode, it's specific to the ACE.

Try by configuring Active / standby teaming and the flushing the ARP cache of the ACE, it should worK.

Could you explain how it was working on CSM?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: