Helpful
Replies

ACE Module - Unable to ping FT peer IP

dedra_live
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are running ACE module version 'Version A2(2.0) [build 3.0(0)A2(2.0)]'

There are two 6500 chassis and each chassis has single ACE module configured in redundancy. All of a sudden the peer state changed to 'Peer State:FSM_FT_STATE_UNKNOWN' and my state got set to 'My State:FSM_FT_STATE_ACTIVE' on both the chassis.

I am not able to ping the Ft peer ip address anymore due to which both of the modules are not able to enter the active/hot failover mode. The ft vlan is properly configured to be passed between two chassis and they have been assigned to the respective ACE modules. The same configuration has been running for months and no configuration changes were done before the problem.

Please advise what may preventing the ACE FT interfaces to communicate as the pings between the Ft interfaces are failing and what could be the resolution.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

do a 'shut' / 'no shut' of the ft vlan interface.

If that does not bring the interface up, check on the cat6k if FT vlan assigned to SVCLC group associated with ACE.

You should also plan an upgrade to A2(2.4) since a similar problem was fixed.

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: