Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ACE NAT configuration - is it possible to use a different source PAT IP per rserver in a serverfarm?

Hi,

I've a quick question regarding using PAT (port address translation) on an ACE module specifically for the purpose of load-balancing requests to a cluster of Exchange CAS servers.

Each CAS server needs to see requests from the same source IP which can be achieved by using source NAT / PAT but due to the scale of this Exchange deployment a single NAT pool with one PAT'd IP will not provide enough ports (i.e. there may well be more than ~64,000 ports required at any one time).

Is it possible to configure PAT on the ACE so that each individual rserver will see requests from a unique source PAT address, i.e., each rserver sees a different source PAT IP, i.e., in order to provide ~64,000 ports per source PAT IP <-> CAS server pair as opposed to ~64,000 ports shared between all the CAS servers?

If so, does anyone have any configuration examples (based on a single-armed configuration)?

TIA

Everyone's tags (4)
1 REPLY

ACE NAT configuration - is it possible to use a different source

Hi Tia,

I don't think we can do this. We can easily configure a different nat pool per serverfarm but not per rserver.

--Olivier

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content