cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE NAT configuration - is it possible to use a different source PAT IP per rserver in a serverfarm?

bgfl-tech
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've a quick question regarding using PAT (port address translation) on an ACE module specifically for the purpose of load-balancing requests to a cluster of Exchange CAS servers.

Each CAS server needs to see requests from the same source IP which can be achieved by using source NAT / PAT but due to the scale of this Exchange deployment a single NAT pool with one PAT'd IP will not provide enough ports (i.e. there may well be more than ~64,000 ports required at any one time).

Is it possible to configure PAT on the ACE so that each individual rserver will see requests from a unique source PAT address, i.e., each rserver sees a different source PAT IP, i.e., in order to provide ~64,000 ports per source PAT IP <-> CAS server pair as opposed to ~64,000 ports shared between all the CAS servers?

If so, does anyone have any configuration examples (based on a single-armed configuration)?

TIA

1 Reply 1

ohynderi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tia,

I don't think we can do this. We can easily configure a different nat pool per serverfarm but not per rserver.

--Olivier

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: