We currently have 2 ACE modules running in a FT group. There are currenly 3 contexts built and all 3 contexts have the their certs loaded on the servers. I now have a request for a 4th context but in this context they want the certifiacte loaded on the ACE. My questions are:
1) Will this affect the other contexts?
2) How do I handle this in an active/ standby configuration?
3) which is the better way to handle certificates, on the ACE or on the server?
Re: ACE Question- Using ACE for Verisign Certificate
1) no. new context is new virtual instance, without application impact to other context (there are some network dependencies routed vs bridged mode if you used it)
2) Do you mean how to configure SSL termination on ACE in active/standby model? You need configure parts of network configuration as active/standby. You must import SSL cert with private keys to both modules/appliances (the same private keys and ssl cert of course). All other configuration is the same (and synced between modules/appliances).
3) ACE has HW acceleration for SSL operation. Servers without SSL can save lot of CPU time. It's better handle SSL termination on ACE.
Introduction This article will help you understand the steps on how to
download the UCS licenses from the Cisco Systems website and then
installing it on the UCS. The redacted (blue lines) just covers up
certain numbers for privacy please do not take them...
Introduction This article will help you understand and educate the
customer on how to clear their "expired licenses"
(license-graceperiod-expired) from their UCS-M. If a customer just
purchased a license and needs a step by step guide on how to download
Introduction Prepositioning is a powerful tools on the WAAS platform but
it is not always easy to figure out why your jobs are failing when
trying to retrieve the files.Here is a method that should help you to
figure out the reason why they are not succes...