Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE Question

Hi Experts!

Would really appreciate any suggestions around the best approach to setup the following environment.

13 environments exists with each having 4 servers e.g.

1A, 1B, 1C & 1D

2A, 2B, 2C & 2D

3A, 3B, 3C & 3D

13A, 13B, 13C & 13D

Each individual server in all env. host 8 services TCP 20080-20087

My Goals is to setup different VIP's with each environment and also to keep configuration listing as MINIMAL as possible.

Key requirement: single or multiple Service failure on any server should not take out the entire server from service.

Working through this I realized this would generate 13 x 8 Serverfarms & VIP's also probe traffic will be 13 x 4 x 8 every probe window!!

There must be a better way! Please help!!

3 Replies 3

litrenta
Level 3
Level 3

If you are not doing port redirection (in other words you have vip listening on ports TCP 20080-20087 then you only need 13 serverfarms since traffic will be sent to the rserver on the port it came in on. You would however need 8 probes per if you want to check the health of each.

Hi litrenta

Thank you for your response!

Sorry I didnt mention earlier but another key requirement is for a service failure e.g. port 20080 or 20087 should not take the entire server out of rotation i.e. it should be able to still serve for 20081-20086.

Is this still achievable using 13 serverfarms? If so, please eloborate.

Thanks.

ropethic
Level 4
Level 4

Configuration is going to depend on whether you want to load balance across ports or the servers.

I am guessing you need to create 13 VIPs based on servers being on different vlans. rservers can be in multiple serverfarms as well.

If you are load balancing across rservers only, then you will need 13 serverfarms with 4 rservers each.

if you are going to load balance across ports then you will still only need 13 server farms with 4 rserver and 8 rserver ports.

Example 1 - just server LB

serverfarm 1a-d

- rserver 1a

-ins

- rserver 1b

""""""

Exmaple 2 - port load balance

serverfarm muliport A

-rserver 1a 20080

ins

- rsever 1a 20081

ins

rserv 1a 20082

ins

"""""

rserver 1b 20080

ins

so you will need 32 rservers in the server farm

Not sure there is an easier way. Unless there is a common url on the ports that can be loadbalanced using class maps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: