Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE Redundancy

net-harry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have two ACE4710 running version A3(2.3) that we would like to configure for redundancy. We have three contexts in place.

I understand that we need to configure a dedicated FT VLAN for this, but I have a couple of questions regarding this VLAN:

1. We are planning to use a separate physical interface for the redunancy vlan. Is there any drawbacks with this?

2. We are planning to use a cross-over cable between the two ACE redundancy interfaces. Is there any drawbacks with this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Harry

2 Replies 2

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. this is actually recommended.

2. I don't see a problem with that.

Configuration guide for ft vlan @

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/ace_appliances/vA3_1_0/configuration/routing_bridging/guide/interfce.html#wpmkr1387850

Gilles.

pinhers2000
Level 1
Level 1

Harry,

I prefer doing crossover cable between the two physical interfaces. If you can spare one port for it, if you can't, like need more ports for other things, then you want to use Vlan.

Keep in mind that the two interfaces has to be on same port, i.e.. dedicate port 4 for FT on both sides.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: