Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ACE Rserver "inservice" - probing?

Hello all

We recently upgraded an ACE module from A1 code straight through to A2(3.4)

Theres a behaviour change we werent expecting -

probe tcp t2-probe-3133

port 3133

interval 4

faildetect 4

passdetect interval 4

passdetect count 4

receive 1

serverfarm host ext-gxr-3133

probe t2-probe-3133

rserver server-testing 3133

inservice

If I take the "rserver server-testing" out of service and then bring it back in, it goes straight to OPERATONAL even if the service listening on port 3133 is not there - the probe eventually fails, the server drops to OUTOFSERVICE.

During this time we drop transactions on the serverfarm.

This is different from the A1 behaviour - it used to wait till the probe finished (We're pretty sure anyway :-) )

Am I dreaming - this hasnt changed ? - And regardless, is there a way to make the behaviour "Wait until the probes work before bringing the server in" ?

Cheers

Graeme.

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY
Bronze

ACE Rserver "inservice" - probing?

Graeme-

I just tested this on A1(6.3) and A2(3.3) - both do exactly the same in terms of thier default action.  When the rserver is operational with no probe configured, and you add a probe, the rserver stays operational until the probe fails.  If the rserver was in probe failed state to begin with and you add a 2nd probe to the serverfarm, the rserver stays in probe-failed while testing the the new probe. 

There was a difference in A1(6.X) vs A2(3.X) - the addition of "fail-on-all" under the serverfarm which makes all probes have to fail prior to removing it from loadbalancing rotation.  I did test with that feature on, and it still has the same result.

If you are getting something different from this, go ahead and get a TAC case open to have a bug investigated/filed.

Regards,

Chris Higgins

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content