Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE - SNMP probe for each rserver in Server Farm

dedra_live
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to know if the following is possible with Cisco ACE module A2(2.0)

1. With predictor least-loaded based on SNMP, can I define an independent SNMP probe against each rserver within a serverfarm. For e.g. I need to poll the SNMP OID value against a specific Process Id in Windows. The Process Id can only be hard coded in SNMP probe. I would need to define the hard coded SNMP OID probe against each rserver since the Process Id on every real server would be different

2. Is it possible to use TCL scripting in order to find out what Process Id is currently assigned to a specific Process via checking the process name (string value).

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You are right, I didn't take into account that a probe is required for the least-loaded predictor. In that case, I'm afraid the OID will have to be the same for all the servers.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good morning,

1. With predictor least-loaded based on SNMP, can I define an independent SNMP probe against each rserver within a serverfarm. For e.g. I need to poll the SNMP OID value against a specific Process Id in Windows. The Process Id can only be hard coded in SNMP probe. I would need to define the hard coded SNMP OID probe against each rserver since the Process Id on every real server would be different

Yes, you can configure a different probe for each server in the serverfarm. Just make sure that instead of assigning the probe globally to the serverfarm, you go into each of the reals and apply it.

2. Is it possible to use TCL scripting in order to find out what Process Id is currently assigned to a specific Process via checking the process name (string value).

I'm not sure what exactly you are trying to do, but, the answer is problably no.

Regards

Daniel

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for the response.

To use the predictor least-loaded, using SNMP probe with predictor seems to be mandatory due to the syntax i.e.

predictor least-loaded probe snmp

Since predictor is defined globally for serverfarm, will the rserver specific probe not conflict with predictor specific probe.

Regards.

You are right, I didn't take into account that a probe is required for the least-loaded predictor. In that case, I'm afraid the OID will have to be the same for all the servers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: