inservice

serverfarm redirect sorry-farm

rserver sorry-server

inservice

policy-map type loadbalance first-match test-policy

class class-default

serverfarm farm1 backup sorry-farm

===

...and this is ok - but it will result in the client getting a redirected URL.

eg. If they visit www.test.com and that farm was down, they'll be redirected to sorry.test.com via the backup farm.

However, is it possible to 'silently' retrieve the sorry page from sorry.test.com but not redirect the client?

That is, if the main farm was down, is it possible for the ACE to retrieve the page at sorry.test.com and present it back to the client without the client seeing a change in URL (eg. they would still see www.test.com in their browser)?

Cheers

Cameron

2 Replies 2

Instead of using a redirect serverfarm (as backup serverfarm) use host type serverfarm

rserver host sorry-server

ip address x.x.x.1

inservice

serverfarm host sorry-farm

probe xyz

rserver sorry-server

inservice

policy-map type loadbalance first-match app1-policy

class class-default

serverfarm farm1 backup sorry-farm aggregate-state

Syed

Hi Syed

Thank you for responding.

In our case the "sorry.test.com" server would not exist in the same context as the original farm - hence I thought the web redirect was the only way to go.

I was trying to see if there was a way to provide the sorry page content that could be retrieved from either another context or any external URL - but not from a rserver in the same context as the real server farm.

As you suggest, we could put another vm in the same context that is soley used for the sorry page - but it would have been cool to use one sorry page for multiple contexts.

Thanks

Cameron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: