cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE statefull connections sync

cajalat
Level 1
Level 1

In an FT setup how can I tell if a flow on the ACTIVE ACE is sync'd to the HOT ACE? Is there a way to see the various connections that are replicated to the HOT ACE?

I've looked at the "sh conn" command but it doesn't seem to yield what I'm looking for.

3 Replies 3

agiaccone
Level 1
Level 1

What's the output of the 'sh ft group detail' in the context ?

On the standby ACE you should see the My State set to FSM_FT_STATE_STANDBY_HOT. In this case the sh conn on the standby ACE will let you see all of the stateful connections.

Hope this helps,

alberto

I do show FSM_FT_STATE_STANDBY_HOT on the standby and FSM_FT_STATE_ACTIVE on the active (which is correct). The problem is that I'm not seeing the same connections which I would expect to see. I'm running A1(6.3b). I first noticed this when I upgraded from A1(6.3) to A1(6.3b). As a test I have a controlled connection. Starting with a replicated set of connections on both active and standby I issued my "sh conn" command to see that both active/hot displayed the same connections which they did. After I reloaded the standby and waited for it to be in a HOT state. The connections disappeared. So I restarted the app and the connections appeared on the HOT ACE. So then I failed over the ACTIVE and the HOT went to active and the connections were there. When the partner came back up and was finally in HOT mode I checked the connections but they didn't show up. So I restarted the application and still I don't see the connections. It is as if the connections aren't replicating. Doing a random check on various connections I would expect to be active and alive I noticed more inconsistencies. So that got me to think maybe I wasn't using the right command.

Casey

as far as I know, you're using the right command. It's the same command I used on my lab to test ft before deploying the ACEs.

Unfortunately I have no more lab so I checked the commands on my production couple where situation is too dynamic to have a precise idea of replication of connections.

I observed, however, that on my 1(6.3) couple the sh conn count command issued on the same second on the two ACEs gave me the same value with a 5% error (which could be caused by normal fluctuation of flows on applications).

HTH,

alberto

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: