Helpful
Replies

ACE two simple questions

danilodicesare
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i've got two simple questions:

1     resource class allocation, minimum is guaranted, maximun if unlimited means that i can exceed minumium, am i right (ex sticky)?

2     sticky database, release before 3.2.5 (appliance) when  command show sticky database was performed i was able to decode (for ip sticky)

ip address from notation withaout '.' to notation dotted, i could see 9 numeric digit, now i can see 18 numeric digit....how can i decote it from

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX to somethig like XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX?

tnx a lot for any response.

Dan

4 Replies 4

Narayan Subramanian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dan

Answer to the first question is true but it does not apply to Sticky. Sticky resources cannot be oversubscribed and the minimum allocation equals the maximum allocation

2) i am not exactly sure what you are referring to here but if it is the vlaue of the sticky-entry then it is actually the hashed value ok the sticky in the database

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

i mean:

OLD STYLE prior 3.2.5

pippo-ace-01/pippo# show sticky database

sticky group : pippo_FARM_STICKY

type         : IP

timeout      : 10            timeout-activeconns : FALSE

sticky-entry          rserver-instance                 time-to-expire flags

---------------------+--------------------------------+--------------+-------+

169387028             pippo_1:0                          0              -

10.24.164.20=169387028 

NEW STYLE 3.2.5

ACE-pippo/pippo# show sticky database

sticky group : pippo

type         : IP

timeout      : 60            timeout-activeconns : FALSE

sticky-entry          rserver-instance                 time-to-expire flags

---------------------+--------------------------------+--------------+-------+

9981152781572271311   pippo-2:0                 2712   

9981152781572271311=????????      -

tnx

danilo

Dan

The command was resolved to display the addresses in dotted decimal format from A3(2.6) . I am not sure whether this was done in A3(2.5)

Have a look at the release notes and look for CSCte57497

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/ace_appliances/vA3_x/release/note/RACEA3X.html#wp508369

Narayan

tnx but i've got 3.2.5...........

so i'd like to translate from 18 digit to dotted decimal...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: