Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

ACE: Upgrade from A2(1.4a) to A2(3.0)

Hi,

I'm planning on upgrading my ACE-modules, currently running A2(1.4a) to A2(3.0), as I need to test the 'persistence rebalance strict' feature. So far, I haven't found anything in the releasenotes that would advise against this upgrade.

My main concern is that v3.0 is still relatively new (released 12/2009 if I remember correctly), so I'm trying to learn, if anyone has already gone through the upgrade from A2(1.x) to A2(3.0) and have had the chance to test it. Unfortunately, I only have one set of modules running both my test and production enviroment, so my testoptions are quite limited. Still, A2(3.0) might solve a couple of ongoing issues, I've struggled with for quite some time now.

Any info will do.

Thanx

/Ulrich

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: ACE: Upgrade from A2(1.4a) to A2(3.0)

Persistence rebalance strict was introduced in A2(2.1) ,

You can upgrade to A2(2.3) which has more bug fixes than A2(3.0). It wil

l take a while for A2(3.x) train to catch up with bug fixes. (like IOS T train versus IOS mainl

ine)

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Persistence rebalance strict was introduced in A2(2.1) ,

You can upgrade to A2(2.3) which has more bug fixes than A2(3.0). It wil

l take a while for A2(3.x) train to catch up with bug fixes. (like IOS T train versus IOS mainl

ine)

Bronze

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I was told, that the 'strict' feature wasn't introduced before v3.0, but I'll definately take a look at v2.3.

/Ulrich

Views
Helpful
Replies