Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ACE20-MOD-K9 - how to discover a server?

Hi there!

First foray into Cisco load balancing for me.  Looking to discover how to find a server instance on a Cisco ACE20-MOD-K9.  What I need to do is remove 5 servers (1 at a time) using the 'no inservice' command.  Just need to locate their instances on the load balancer.

I have:

Server Names

Server internal IP addresses

Since the commands aren't revealing themselves to me naturally like they seem to on Nexus for example, asking for help from the community again :)

Please advise if possible, many thanks!

• Application Networking
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Hi,So if you are looking for

Hi,

So if you are looking for a server named LYNC, you will do below:

switch/Admin# sh running-config rserver LYNC
Generating configuration....

rserver host LYNC
  ip address 10.x.x.x
  inservice

You can do the same for serverfarms, class-maps, policy maps etc. You can also filter using "show run | inc <name>"

Show serverfarms, show rservers, show service-policy summary are few commands which can come in handy to find out configured items and names.

Pasting a link for your reference which is useful for TS and basic commands.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Application_Control_Engine_%28ACE%29_Troubleshooting_Guide_--_Troubleshooting_ACE_Health_Monitoring

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Kanwal

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi,So if you are looking for

Hi,

So if you are looking for a server named LYNC, you will do below:

switch/Admin# sh running-config rserver LYNC
Generating configuration....

rserver host LYNC
  ip address 10.x.x.x
  inservice

You can do the same for serverfarms, class-maps, policy maps etc. You can also filter using "show run | inc <name>"

Show serverfarms, show rservers, show service-policy summary are few commands which can come in handy to find out configured items and names.

Pasting a link for your reference which is useful for TS and basic commands.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Application_Control_Engine_%28ACE%29_Troubleshooting_Guide_--_Troubleshooting_ACE_Health_Monitoring

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Kanwal

Thanks Kanwal,Had tried all

Thanks Kanwal,

Had tried all those commands and figured I missed something.  Since nothing returned guess what... that server is on a different load balancer.  Awesome, lol!

Cisco Employee

Hi,You are most welcome. That

Hi,

You are most welcome. That made me laugh:)

Regards,

Kanwal

Views
Helpful
Replies