cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE20-MOD-K9 - how to discover a server?

James Cook
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there!

First foray into Cisco load balancing for me.  Looking to discover how to find a server instance on a Cisco ACE20-MOD-K9.  What I need to do is remove 5 servers (1 at a time) using the 'no inservice' command.  Just need to locate their instances on the load balancer.

I have:

Server Names

Server internal IP addresses

Since the commands aren't revealing themselves to me naturally like they seem to on Nexus for example, asking for help from the community again :)

Please advise if possible, many thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

So if you are looking for a server named LYNC, you will do below:

switch/Admin# sh running-config rserver LYNC
Generating configuration....

rserver host LYNC
  ip address 10.x.x.x
  inservice

You can do the same for serverfarms, class-maps, policy maps etc. You can also filter using "show run | inc <name>"

Show serverfarms, show rservers, show service-policy summary are few commands which can come in handy to find out configured items and names.

Pasting a link for your reference which is useful for TS and basic commands.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Application_Control_Engine_%28ACE%29_Troubleshooting_Guide_--_Troubleshooting_ACE_Health_Monitoring

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Kanwal

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

So if you are looking for a server named LYNC, you will do below:

switch/Admin# sh running-config rserver LYNC
Generating configuration....

rserver host LYNC
  ip address 10.x.x.x
  inservice

You can do the same for serverfarms, class-maps, policy maps etc. You can also filter using "show run | inc <name>"

Show serverfarms, show rservers, show service-policy summary are few commands which can come in handy to find out configured items and names.

Pasting a link for your reference which is useful for TS and basic commands.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Application_Control_Engine_%28ACE%29_Troubleshooting_Guide_--_Troubleshooting_ACE_Health_Monitoring

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Kanwal

Thanks Kanwal,

Had tried all those commands and figured I missed something.  Since nothing returned guess what... that server is on a different load balancer.  Awesome, lol!

Hi,

You are most welcome. That made me laugh:)

Regards,

Kanwal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: