Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ACE20 SSL-connection rate performance

Hello,

One of our customers are challenging our ACE20 modules ssl-connection rate performance. During a loadtest performed against our webportals, they concluded, that the ACE-module showed signs of severe performance degredations, when the number of new ssl-connections hit 40.

While I disagree with that conclusion, I find it somewhat difficult to disprove it. Nothing on the ACE-module suggest any ssl-resource depletion, the highest recorded ssl-connection rate is 677 tps and the license permits 10k. The context is currently sized to 4k. I've gone through numerous troubleshooting steps, trying to locate anything that would suggest a problem with the module, but so far nothing has turned up.

I've been given somewhat conflicting information about what the ssl-connection rate resouce actually represent. Some say is represent the total number of new ssl-connections pr/sec, other say it represents ssl-transaction capacity as a whole, which among other things would include ssl-handshakes. Regardsless, 40 in my opinion seems way to low and this is very inconsistent with the generel load on our modules, which often climbs into the hundreds.

So I'm looking for suggestions on how to conduct a simple ssl/tps test against the ACE-modules. The test is expected to be very basic, as I'm not looking to test the webportal end-to-end, but simply doing an ssl-tps performace test.

Any help will do

Thanks

/Ulrich

Everyone's tags (2)
Views
Helpful
Replies