Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE30 server failures

mruuth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

After upgrade from ACE20 with A2(3.5) to ACE30 with A5(1.2) I get failures in a number of serverfarm's, where before upgrade the number was zero. No drops in VIP and logs from applications do not notice any new errors.    192.168.4.44:12001   8   OPERATIONAL     125        257        38

Can anyone explain why this occur?

Regards

Mats              

2 Replies 2

sivaksiv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is the explanation of the failures, it would have occurred at the time of upgrade but do you still see that happen

Total Conn-failures

Total number of connection attempts that failed to establish a connection to the real server.

For Layer 4 traffic with normalization on, the count increments if the  three-way handshake fails to be established for either of the following  reasons:

A RST comes from the client or the server after a SYN-ACK.

The server does not reply to a SYN. The connection times out.

For Layer 4 traffic with normalization off, the count does not increment.

For L7 traffic (normalization is always on), the count increments if the  three-way handshake fails to be established for either of the following  reasons:

A RST comes from the server after the front-end connection is established

The server does not reply to a SYN. The connection times out.

Thanks for your reply.

I clear the counters every night and this is the second day I am running ACE30. Something new is happening because the counter is increasing for servers that before had counter failure equel zero.

Regards

Mats