cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

ACE30 server failures

Hi all,

After upgrade from ACE20 with A2(3.5) to ACE30 with A5(1.2) I get failures in a number of serverfarm's, where before upgrade the number was zero. No drops in VIP and logs from applications do not notice any new errors.    192.168.4.44:12001   8   OPERATIONAL     125        257        38

Can anyone explain why this occur?

Regards

Mats              

Everyone's tags (4)
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

ACE30 server failures

Here is the explanation of the failures, it would have occurred at the time of upgrade but do you still see that happen

Total Conn-failures

Total number of connection attempts that failed to establish a connection to the real server.

For Layer 4 traffic with normalization on, the count increments if the  three-way handshake fails to be established for either of the following  reasons:

A RST comes from the client or the server after a SYN-ACK.

The server does not reply to a SYN. The connection times out.

For Layer 4 traffic with normalization off, the count does not increment.

For L7 traffic (normalization is always on), the count increments if the  three-way handshake fails to be established for either of the following  reasons:

A RST comes from the server after the front-end connection is established

The server does not reply to a SYN. The connection times out.

Community Member

ACE30 server failures

Thanks for your reply.

I clear the counters every night and this is the second day I am running ACE30. Something new is happening because the counter is increasing for servers that before had counter failure equel zero.

Regards

Mats

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content