cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE4710 A3(2.) High resource allocation denied count

glenn.ong
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2 x ACE4710 appliance running in redundant mode, with LB1 hosting an active Context1 and a hot standby Context2, LB2 running a hot standby Context1 and active context2 - essentially to spread the load across the 2 boxes.

they'd been running without a hitch for the last 2 months they'd been deployed. But we'd bumped into a very weird issue lately - the health probe configured on Context2 seems to go down/up in rapid fashion at least once a day..upon closer inspection, it is evident that it's caused by a status change in the context's FT group.

Strangely enough, this only happens on Context2 while Context1 are humming along just fine..both contexts have similar number of VIP/health probes configured with just different ip addressing.

'show resource usage' shows an interesting finding (see attached). LB2 (where Context2 is active) shows high mgmt-traffic rate 'denied' count...but i'm not sure if what exactly this indicates or if it's related at all.

Any insight at all is welcomed on this...

Many thanks.

3 Replies 3

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have never seen the management bw being axhausted.

Do you have scripts executing 'show tech' continously ?

Or snmp agent ?

ANM ?

You might want to take a sniffer trace to see what is this traffic.

Gilles.

same here..there're 6 ACEs in this environment and only those 2 are seeing excessively high mgmt-traffic rate..

there is no script running 'show tech' nor ANM. the devices are configured in CWLMS3.1 RME & DFM (not sure how often they poll) but I'd tried removing the devices from cwlms and the observation persists..

Before resorting to sniffer, i'm wondering what type of traffic will be categorised under 'mgmt-traffic rate' bandwidth resource? It is the class-map/policy-map that is set as type 'management'? Is it only that or there's also something else?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

mgmt traffic is all traffic that has either src or dst ip set to ace interface ip address.

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: