cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACNS 4.0.1 - ECDN - live streaming questions (CDM, CE)

xsiquin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

working with ECDN (CE,CDM) running ACNS4.0.1 and trying various configurations for the live streaming, i have the following questions:

1] I have enabled the WMT Server on the two CEs with a license key. I would like to do the same on my CDM, but the key seems to be invalid. Could you tell me where I could find it ?

In fact, I guess that there is WMT server on the CDM but not sure, as i know there is a REALG2 server on the CDM because I tried it.

2] I would like to do live using the ECDN solution. I have already set up my ECDN network (1 CDM and 2 CEs), and a webcam is the source of the my live stream, which is then encoded via RealProducer and streamed by the Real server. This works fine for the moment, but I would like now to incorporate this with the ECDN. I saw that with ACNS 4.0 it was possible to

- for Real do Server (on demand), Proxy and Live splitting

- for WMT do Server (on demand) (Proxy and Live splitting programmed for ACNS 4.1)

My problem is that in order to use the ECDN, I need to import a file in the CDM in order to get a CDM created URL that I could link on a web page. But I do not manage to find on my source real server a file called live.rm that I could import. Do you know how to do ? And in fact if this is a possible thing to do ? otherwise I can do 3]

3] When dealing with Real Proxy, activating rtsp proxy on the CE is working fine, I wanted to know if I could do the same thing on the CDM and if so where can i find the license-key (the one I am using on the CEs does not work on the CDM)

Thanks in advance everybody

3 Replies 3

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center (http://www.cisco.com/tac) or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

Thanks Moderator,

for those interrested, Please refer to TAC case : C414705 (if you have access, otherwise I'll make a cut & past of the history of the case)

Part of the problems have been solved.

Thanks.

jeff.wise
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on designing a large ECDN at my company. I would like to talk to you about any details or insight you have relating to ECDN. Can I contact you or you can email me at jeff.wise@delta-air.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: