Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ACNS 5.3.3 - FTP export issue

FTP compression and export of transaction-logs to an ftp server seems not working on release 5.3.3.8.

Does anyone has the same issue? Any workaround? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: ACNS 5.3.3 - FTP export issue

Were you able to resolve this issue? If not, have a look at CSCeh34279.

~Zach

5 REPLIES
Silver

Do you have a firewall between the FTP server and the CE. It looks like the problem is that the FTP server is unable to establish the data connection back to the CE. The CE will use the "ephemeral" port range when selecting the port number that is sent to the FTP server in the PORT command as the port number to use for the connection back to the CE (the operating system actually picks the port number to use). The workaround is to reconfigure the firewall to allow the connection back to the CE.

Thank you sir for your advise. I do have a firewall between the CE and the log server, and of course I opened just the ftp/sftp ports. I'll have a look at the firewall log if some packet has been dropped. The fact is that with the old version of ACNS software my config worked fine... but I'll check for sure and let you know.

Thanks a lot and regards.

Checked on the firewall, the CE doesn't start the ftp connection, so it's not a firewall problem. The CE doesn't compress the transaction log neither. I'm going to contact the TAC about this. Thanks

Cisco Employee

Were you able to resolve this issue? If not, have a look at CSCeh34279.

~Zach

Thanks Zach, your advise was very helpful and solved my issue.

Ciao,

S.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content