cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACNS with Flash/RTMP?

ebell
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ACNS implementation with 20+ sites using WCCP service 80-83 & webcache. I have a client that wants to publish a video portal with flash similar to youtube. These VOD's will be low quality/bandwidth.

My question is with the existing WAE's onsite is there any way I could preposition the flash media file and have it serve the local users at the sites?

From what I have read to "stream" flash to the desktops the rtmp protocol is used.

Can I use rtmpt and publish the links to the videos as http URL's and have wccp intercept the packets and redirect to the WAE for acquisition?

I cannot find any information if rtmp is a supported streaming format for WAE's running ACNS 5.5+?

any suggestions or comments are appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ACNS basically supports native WMT, Real and Quicktime streaming. Flash can be supported via progressive downloads via HTTP and played locally on the desktop. You would have to enable webcache and manage the streaming/downloads via HTTP.

Hope that helps,

Dan

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ACNS basically supports native WMT, Real and Quicktime streaming. Flash can be supported via progressive downloads via HTTP and played locally on the desktop. You would have to enable webcache and manage the streaming/downloads via HTTP.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: