Views
Helpful
Replies

ANM 2.0: one of three ACE contexts couldn't "sync to CLI"

MMazuhelli_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are using ANM 2.0 Update A to manage an ACE module running A2(1.2). About a week ago, one of our 3 contexts started showing "Out of sync" in the "CLI sync status" column. I tried to sync the context numerous times; no errors were reported but this particular context was always "out of sync".

Then this morning I tried a "sync to CLI" operation once more and this time it finally worked! The status is now "in sync".

I was wondering why this happened, and if anything can be done to prevent it in the future.

Regards,

Marc.

1 Reply 1

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

Synchronizing configuration files for the standby ACE requires:

1. Auditing the standby ACE to confirm that its configuration does not agree with the ANM-maintained configuration data for the ACE. See Synchronizing Virtual Context Configurations, page 3-64.

2. Uploading the configuration from the standby ACE to the ANM server. See Synchronizing Virtual Context Configurations in the below URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/application_networking_manager/1.2/user/guide/UG_virtual_contexts.html#wpxref74705

3. For an Admin context, uploading configurations on any newly imported user contexts. If new user contexts are not updated, they cannot be managed using ANM.