The installation guide for ANM 2.1 says that RedHat AS 5 Update 2 (5.2) 32-bit Server Edition (Linux 2.6 Kernel) must be installed if you are installing ANM for the first time on a server where it has never been installed.
I'm hoping that this is just a mistake in the install guide as I really can't see that ANM would need unlimited sockets as it's relatively lightweight!
I've had the product working fine in vmware on ordinary Red Hat (Base Server) / Centos 5.2
If anyone from product management is listening here, this whole delivery of ANM only on Red Hat is starting to annoy me, especially as Cisco is starting to deliver some vmware appliance images on top of Centos now!
Before you use ANM, you should perform the following tasks:
1. Acquire and upload the license file. For details, see Acquiring and Uploading Your ANM License File.
2. (Optional) If your site will not be using the Cisco supplied certificate/key pair for server authentication, you can at any time upload your own certificate/key pair files. For details, see Uploading Site Specific Certificate/Key Pair Files for Server Authentication.
3. Ensure that the ANM hostname exists in the Domain Name Service (DNS) or that the device has the ANM hostname and IP address configured to receive messages in order for device notification to work successfully.
4. Register on Cisco.com. This enables Cisco.com to authenticate you before providing you with a license.
5. Ensure that your email ID and password are correct in your Cisco.com user profile. This information is used to receive email from Cisco.com.
6. Configure your Cisco devices to allow ANM to manage device configuration and collect license data For details, see Preparing to Add Network Elements.
7. Set up network devices and device management by:
-Adding devices to ANM using device import, see Adding Network Devices into ANM.
For more details on ANM installation please follow up on this link:
Introduction This article will help you understand the steps on how to
download the UCS licenses from the Cisco Systems website and then
installing it on the UCS. The redacted (blue lines) just covers up
certain numbers for privacy please do not take them...
Introduction This article will help you understand and educate the
customer on how to clear their "expired licenses"
(license-graceperiod-expired) from their UCS-M. If a customer just
purchased a license and needs a step by step guide on how to download
With Vignesh R. P.Welcome to the Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert
conversation.This is an opportunity to learn and ask questions of Cisco
expert Vignesh R. P. about the Cisco® Nexus 7000 Series Switches and
support for the Cisco NX-OS Software platf...